This first item Scout finds in the knothole of the Radley oak tree is two sticks of Wrigley’s Double Mint chewing gum. Later on, Scout and Jem find two Indian-head pennies. The children also find a ball of twine, two carved soap figurines, and a whole pack of chewing gum.
What does scout find in the hole of the tree in to kill a Mockingbird?
- In chapter 4 of To Kill a Mockingbird we learn that Scout walks by the Radley residence every day after school. During one of her walks, she finds something in the hole of an oak tree. It is a tinfoil stuck to a knothole and, upon looking further down, she finds two pieces of chewing gum. These were fresh pieces, granted.
- 1 What is the first thing that Scout finds in the oak tree on the edge of Boo Radley’s property How does Jem react when he learns about her discovery?
- 2 What does Scout find in the oak tree by the Radley house as she is leaving school one day?
- 3 What did they find in the oak tree?
- 4 What did Scout and Jem find in the oak tree at the beginning of summer?
- 5 Does Scout marry dill?
- 6 Why did Jem instruct Scout spit out gum?
- 7 Why did Mr Radley fill the tree with cement?
- 8 Why did Scout quit the Radley game?
- 9 Who did Scout Jem and Dill hear occasionally laughing?
- 10 Why are oak trees sacred?
- 11 What are oak trees good for?
- 12 What are the advantages and disadvantages of oak wood?
- 13 What three things did Scout take to see if what she found in the knothole was safe?
- 14 What is Boo Radley’s real name?
- 15 Who did Jem send a note to and what did it say?
What is the first thing that Scout finds in the oak tree on the edge of Boo Radley’s property How does Jem react when he learns about her discovery?
When she gets home, she unwraps the gum and sniffs it to make sure it isn’t poisonous. Jem returns home and asks Scout where she got the wad of chewing gum. Scout tells Jem she found it sticking out of the tree in the Radley yard and Jem yells at her to immediately spit out the gum.
What does Scout find in the oak tree by the Radley house as she is leaving school one day?
After school one day, she passes the Radley Place and sees some tinfoil sticking out of a knothole in one of the Radleys’ oak trees. Scout reaches into the knothole and discovers two pieces of chewing gum. She chews both pieces and tells Jem about it.
What did they find in the oak tree?
Scout and Jem find several treasures including chewing gum, pennies, soap dolls carved to look like them, a spelling medal, and a gold watch.
What did Scout and Jem find in the oak tree at the beginning of summer?
Scout discovers two pieces of gum, Wrigley’s Double-Mint, in the knothole of the oak tree at the edge of the Radley lot. At the beginning of summer, Scout and Jem find two old pennies in a ring box in the knothole of the tree.
Does Scout marry dill?
Since the story ends within the childhood of Scout and Dill, there is no way to be certain of whether or not the two got married. In all likelihood, they did not, as those sort of entanglements rarely survive past childhood, but it is humorous to imagine nonetheless.
Why did Jem instruct Scout spit out gum?
She finds two sticks of Wrigley’s Double-Mint gum. Scout was hesitant to eat it because she found it on the Radley’s property but eventually she does. When Jem finds out, he tells her to spit it out because of the fear and mystery surrounding Boo and the Radley family.
Why did Mr Radley fill the tree with cement?
Nathan Radley put cement in the knothole? He covered it with cement because the “tree was dying”, but really it was to stop Jem and Scout from putting things in it.
Why did Scout quit the Radley game?
In this little drama, Scout plans Mrs. Radley and is responsible for sweeping the porch, while Dill plays Mr. In Chapter 4, Scout wants to quit their game because she is sure that Atticus knows, and because she heard laughter from inside the Radley house.
Who did Scout Jem and Dill hear occasionally laughing?
As the previous answer states, the laughter from inside the house is probably Boo Radley having a good chuckle as he watches the antics of the children outside his door. Scout never lets on to Jem and Dill that she heard it at all; she keeps it to herself.
Why are oak trees sacred?
White oaks and oaks in general are held sacred by many cultures. The Celts believed oaks to be sacred because of their size, durability, and nourishing acorns. They also believed that the burning of oak leaves purifies the atmosphere. The Druids used oak trees in spells for stability, safety, strength, and achievement.
What are oak trees good for?
Oak forests provide habitats for many native species and are therefore important to ecosystems. English oaks provide homes for many insects, which in turn provide a food source for birds. Badgers and deer feed off the trees’ acorns.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of oak wood?
durable, long-lasting wood. attractive wood grain. less likely to warp when exposed to sunlight. Disadvantages:
- high tannin content and exposure to wet and cold weather can react with oil finishes.
- very heavy wood.
- thin oak veneers can be difficult to protect as finishes can react with adhesive used in the veneering process.
What three things did Scout take to see if what she found in the knothole was safe?
Scout discovers several items hidden in the knothole of the tree, such as a couple sticks of gum, a small box containing coins, a ball of twine, two figures carved from soap, an entire pack of gum, a spelling medal, and a pocket-watch.
What is Boo Radley’s real name?
In the classic American novel To Kill a Mockingbird, Boo Radley (whose first name is actually Arthur ) doesn’t leave his house or talk to anyone, which leads the children in the novel’s setting (Maycomb, Alabama) to wildly speculate about what he looks and acts like.
Who did Jem send a note to and what did it say?
Expert Answers In Chapter 7, Jem and Scout write another note intended for Boo. “Dear sir,” said Jem. “We appreciate the–no, we appreciate everything which you have put into the tree for us. Yours very truly, Jeremy Atticus Finch.” “He won’t know who you are if you sign