What did scout and Jem find in the tree?
- Scout and Jem‘s discovery of the gifts in the tree is a real turning point in the story. From now on, they will come to realize that Boo is a much more complex, more recognizably human character than the crazed bogeyman of legend. This first item Scout finds in the knothole of the Radley oak tree is two sticks of Wrigley’s Double Mint chewing gum.
- 1 What did Jem and Scout find in the knot hole of the Oak tree Who do you think put the objects there?
- 2 What did they find in the knot hole of the tree?
- 3 What do Jem and Scout find in the hole of the tree what happens to the hole?
- 4 What did Scout and Jem find in the oak tree at the beginning of summer?
- 5 Why does Miss Maudie laugh when Scout uses the word Morphodite?
- 6 Why did Mr Radley fill the tree with cement?
- 7 Why does Miss Maudie hate her house?
- 8 Why did Scout quit the Radley game?
- 9 Why does Jem cry at the end of Chapter 7?
- 10 Why does Atticus awaken Jem and Scout?
- 11 Why does Jem tell Scout not to cry when they discover the knot hole has been filled in with cement?
- 12 Who did Scout Jem and Dill hear occasionally laughing?
- 13 What is Boo Radley’s real name?
- 14 What three things did Scout take to see if what she found in the knothole was safe?
What did Jem and Scout find in the knot hole of the Oak tree Who do you think put the objects there?
Scout and Jem find several treasures including chewing gum, pennies, soap dolls carved to look like them, a spelling medal, and a gold watch. They were left there by Boo Radley. The children begin playing a game the summer Dill arrives to try to make Boo Radley come out.
What did they find in the knot hole of the tree?
In the knot-hole they find 2 sticks of gum, a pack of gum, 2 old Indian head coins, gray twine, soap figures carved to like Jem and Scout, old spelling bee medals and an old watch on a chain and an aluminum knife.
What do Jem and Scout find in the hole of the tree what happens to the hole?
When Jem went back for his pants, he found them mended and neatly folded over the fence. Scout and Jem find several more items in the knot-hole of the tree. Briefly list the things that they find. They find a ball of gray twine, a package of chewing gum, and an old spelling bee medal.
What did Scout and Jem find in the oak tree at the beginning of summer?
Scout discovers two pieces of gum, Wrigley’s Double-Mint, in the knothole of the oak tree at the edge of the Radley lot. At the beginning of summer, Scout and Jem find two old pennies in a ring box in the knothole of the tree.
Why does Miss Maudie laugh when Scout uses the word Morphodite?
Explain why Miss Maudie laughs when Scout uses the word “morphodite” to describe the snowman. Miss Maudie laughs because she knows Scout heard that word in Miss Maudie’s+ Atticus discussion. This shows Scout is childish because she uses the word improperly. It seems like Boo is trying to communicate to Jem+Scout.
Why did Mr Radley fill the tree with cement?
Nathan Radley put cement in the knothole? He covered it with cement because the “tree was dying”, but really it was to stop Jem and Scout from putting things in it.
Why does Miss Maudie hate her house?
One of the main reasons Miss Maudie claims to have hated her old home is because she has an affinity for being outside and gardening. Miss Maudie cannot stand being cooped up in her home and would prefer to spend the majority of her waking hours outside.
Why did Scout quit the Radley game?
In this little drama, Scout plans Mrs. Radley and is responsible for sweeping the porch, while Dill plays Mr. In Chapter 4, Scout wants to quit their game because she is sure that Atticus knows, and because she heard laughter from inside the Radley house.
Why does Jem cry at the end of Chapter 7?
In Chapter Seven, Jem cries when he realizes that Mr. Radley cemented the knot-hole in the tree, not because it was dying, but because he aimed to keep Boo from leaving the children gifts. This is one more example of how the Radley’s cut Boo off from the world.
Why does Atticus awaken Jem and Scout?
Jem responds by telling her that “it ain’t time to worry yet.” The reason Atticus wakes the children up is because he fears that the fire could possibly spread to their home. As a precaution, he makes sure his children are out of their home and standing at a safe distance down the road.
Why does Jem tell Scout not to cry when they discover the knot hole has been filled in with cement?
Jem cries because Boo’s father, Nathan Radley, had cemented up the hole in the tree. Jem cries not just because there will be no more presents forthcoming but also (and especially) because this cuts off the children’s contact with their new “phantom friend,” Boo.
Who did Scout Jem and Dill hear occasionally laughing?
As the previous answer states, the laughter from inside the house is probably Boo Radley having a good chuckle as he watches the antics of the children outside his door. Scout never lets on to Jem and Dill that she heard it at all; she keeps it to herself.
What is Boo Radley’s real name?
In the classic American novel To Kill a Mockingbird, Boo Radley (whose first name is actually Arthur ) doesn’t leave his house or talk to anyone, which leads the children in the novel’s setting (Maycomb, Alabama) to wildly speculate about what he looks and acts like.
What three things did Scout take to see if what she found in the knothole was safe?
Scout discovers several items hidden in the knothole of the tree, such as a couple sticks of gum, a small box containing coins, a ball of twine, two figures carved from soap, an entire pack of gum, a spelling medal, and a pocket-watch.