An oak tree in a timber sale can be worth anywhere from 15 cents a board foot for pallet material quality up to $1.20 per board foot for high quality logs. I had a buyer tell me a tree I had marked last week was worth $1,000. That’s a rare, veneer white oak growing in excellent soil.
- How much is a mature oak tree worth? The value of this tree would be $195.00 for an average of $866.00 per thousand board feet. A fourteen inch Red Oak with a grade 3 rating would be worth $12.00 for an average price per thousand board feet of $265.00.
- 1 Are large oak trees worth money?
- 2 What is a 100 year old oak tree worth?
- 3 How much is a mature tree worth?
- 4 Can you buy mature oak trees?
- 5 How much is a mature white oak tree worth?
- 6 How much is a mature red oak tree worth?
- 7 How much is my oak tree worth?
- 8 What is the prettiest oak tree?
- 9 How much is a 20 year old black walnut tree worth?
- 10 What tree is worth the most money?
- 11 How do you determine how much a tree is worth?
- 12 How much is a 100 gallon live oak?
- 13 How tall is a 10 year old oak tree?
Are large oak trees worth money?
Large diameter White Oak trees have become an increasingly rare wood as most quality timber was harvested over a century ago. Of all the oaks, it is the most sought after and valuable because of its strength and appearance.
What is a 100 year old oak tree worth?
A 100 year old tree would be worth considerably more – having one grown and moved in, plus after-care until it is established, would cost a theoretical maybe $50,000-$100,000. And demand punitive damages as well.
How much is a mature tree worth?
They have found that a single tree provides $73 worth of air conditioning, $75 worth of erosion control, $75 worth of wildlife shelter, and $50 worth of air pollution reduction. Compounding this total of $273 for fifty years at 5% interest results in a tree value of $57,151.
Can you buy mature oak trees?
Southern Pride Tree Farm sells mature live oak trees ranging from from 2.5″ caliper to 14″ caliper (caliper is diameter of the trunk) or from 10′ tall to 35′ tall. We always assure our customers receive the highest quality and healthiest trees possible direct from the grower.
How much is a mature white oak tree worth?
One estimate of its value can be found by multiplying the mean reported for no. 1 common White Oak (425 for Spring of 2012 and 482 in the Fall) by 10 (10,000 board feet divided by 1,000). So you’re White Oak is likely worth about $4,250.
How much is a mature red oak tree worth?
The most recent report shows red oak at a median price of $300 per 1,000 board feet, twice the value of the next most valuable species, other oaks, at $150 per 1,000 board feet.
How much is my oak tree worth?
Choose the height of your tree, your tree diameter and tree type and press calculate to learn the value of a tree. As a general rule, the taller the tree, the more valuable it is. Tall trees with no branches along most of the height of their trunk will be the most valuable and sold as sawlogs for wood veneer.
What is the prettiest oak tree?
Three Oak tree varieties that are quite simply beautiful.
- Scarlet Oak Tree. The deep-rooted Scarlet Oak Tree is an excellent shade tree, with high wildlife value and attractive foliage to boot.
- Red Oak Tree. The handsome Red Oak Tree is highly adaptable and truly a wonderful specimen to behold.
- Bur Oak Tree.
How much is a 20 year old black walnut tree worth?
A black walnut tree in great condition with a large diameter, roughly 20”, is worth between $700 and $800. Through a walnut tree’s life, however, it can grow to be well over 30” or even 40” in diameter. The larger the diameter, the more a black walnut tree is worth.
What tree is worth the most money?
The 5 Most Expensive Trees in the World
- Sandalwood– $20,000 per tree.
- African Blackwood– $10,000 per kilogram.
- Agar Wood– $10,000 per kilogram.
- Bocote– $30 per board.
- Pink Ivory– $8 per board.
How do you determine how much a tree is worth?
The formula is: Tree Value = Base Value x Cross-sectional Area x Species Class x Condition Class x Location Class Base Value is the dollar amount assigned to 1 square inch of a tree’s trunk cross-sectional area and is typically based on the cost of the largest available replacement plant of the same species.
How much is a 100 gallon live oak?
100-Gallon Tree | $1,150 Approximately 15-18 feet tall, 4 inch caliper, and container grown. Includes planting, initial mulching, staking, fertilizing and one time watering at planting.
How tall is a 10 year old oak tree?
A white oak’s growth rate is considered “medium”, growing between 1 foot and 1 and 1/2 feet per year. As trees mature at around 20 years, a 10 year old oak tree size, then could be anywhere between 10 feet and 20 feet tall, but this varies.