“The secret of joy is the mastery of pain.” ~ Anais Nin
Everyone is different, and everyone has different ways of dealing with stress. If you’re looking for suggestions, you may find these helpful secrets of The Oaks:
1. Step back and self-reflect at our Koi Pond. Whenever we start feeling depressed, we try to stop, reflect, and get to the root of our feelings. Who knew our little fishies were so zen.
2. Listen to our classical music. Music can heal, put you in a better mood, make you feel less alone, or take you on a mental journey.
3. Cuddle or play with our animals. We have really sweet and happy ostriches, cows, emus, horses, peacocks, sheep, and more, that are always quick to shower us with love whenever they see us. Spending quality time with our loving animals can instantly make your heart and soul feel better.
4. Go for a walk on our trails. Walking always helps us clear our heads and shed negative energy. It’s especially therapeutic if you choose to walk at our scenic off road trails.
5. Take a nap in a hammock. Sometimes we just need to recharge. We always feel better after getting some rest.
6. Plan a fun activity. Watching the television never helps anyone feel better. Plan to do something fun outdoors. It can be as simple as taking a walk around our Labyrinth.
7. Do something spontaneous. Some of our favorite memories entail choices we made spontaneously. We should all learn to let go of routine every now and then. Do something exciting and unplanned, like dancing around our drum circle.
8. Prioritize. Sometimes we feel depressed when our priorities are out of balance. Here at The Oaks, we try to give a fair amount of attention to all the priorities in our lives, such as work, relationships, health, and personal happiness.
9. Hug someone. We definitely like hugs. Hugs are such an easy way to express love and care without having to say a word. If there is no one around to hug we have plenty of oak trees that won’t mind one!
10. Laugh. Spend some personal time with someone who has a good sense of humor in our pool and spa. Laughing releases tension and has a natural ability to heal.
11. Reconnect with all your friends. Get back in touch with your old friends or family members that you haven’t spoken to in awhile. Seeing people reconnecting as one big group around a campfire always puts us in a good mood.
12. Try a deep breathing exercise. There are all kinds of deep breathing exercises out there. Find one you like and do it whenever you’re feeling stressed or overly emotional. Try it. We have the best air quality in Southern California!
13. Cultivate gratitude. Practicing genuine gratitude on a daily basis has been a major source of healing. When you can step back and notice everything The Oaks has you’ll have to be grateful. It will make you feel like you have everything you need and that nothing is lacking. The Oaks makes you feel whole.
14. Let some natural sunlight come in. Opening all the blinds and curtains and let natural sunlight flood your tent, RV, or cabin. This can help elevate your mood.
15. Write. Writing usually helps get our thoughts and feelings out. You should write a comment on how The Oaks helps to improve your mood. Leave your Comment Below… or on our Facebook. Twitter. Google Plus. Instagram. We’ll even take the traditional paper, pen, and mail — we really care about you!
Tranquil. Healthful. Nature.
The Oaks at Sacred Rocks RV Park & Campground